Thursday 28 June 2007

A little something for the staff

MANY months ago (back in February I think) I had a young lady coming into my shop looking to buy some clothes for her servant. She paid me a rather odd compliment by saying that all the clothes in Pearse'd & Cut were too nice to be worn by her servant and did I have anything in servant's wear? Not not the faffy "maids" out fit that are anything but designed for house cleaning but an actual Maid's uniform.

I confessed I didn't but the idea has been on the my to do list ever since.

Recently I found some time to cross it off the list.



It comes with both a Parlour Maid cap and a mob cap and is transferable should a gentleman be in the generous position of supplying the staff with uniforms. The male servant's uniform will be available fairly soon, as will a Victorian nurse's uniform.

10 comments:

Amber_Palowakski said...

Well done, Sir Edward!

Emilly Orr said...

Huzzah!

Very appropriate indeed.

And is that Miss Christine modeling the outfit?

TotalLunar Eclipse said...

Is that my lovely red headed sister!?! Must save this for future teasing.

*Chuckles a bit stifling a snort*

I think somewhere I have a likeness of her actually doing laundry. If you would like to see this evidence, contact me.

Edward Pearse said...

Yes that is my lovely wife in the picture. I've seen he do laundry and dishes and there's even a dough kneeding anim in the kitchen at Davaar. She's even taking to wearing the apron over her skirts. I think she was happier that she has an apron of her own more than anything :-)

Anonymous said...

Splendid sir! As ever! Now, If we can just persuade Miss Kiralette to wear it...

Virrginia Tombola said...

*sigh* As brilliant as the outfit is, the sad truth is that it is blessedly hard to find servants, and those few combining the necessary qualities of character and skill are snapped up faster than a sweetmeat at a church social.

Jsut one reliable maid of all work who replaces the silver somewhere besides her pockets--is this so much to ask?

Nancy Frye said...

Good luck, Virrg.

Kira said...

Looks at the dress* While it's very.. um.. nice.. and.. useful.. Sorry Doc, I think i'll have to pass. The super long skirt would just get in my way and trip me anyway, and then where'd you be, me with a broken leg and the ETC not getting dusted:P

Anonymous said...

I love the uniform. I always prefer the longness of the dress/skirt. Its so modest and looks so much nicer. It makes me wonder how much you charge to make them. Would you email me what kinds you make and how much you charge?

seremina at gmail dot com

Thank you for this post's picture. God bless.

Anonymous said...

Are there any kind of shoes the girl has to wear? If, what (maybe high heeled)?